Everyday productivity and efficiency practically depend on how you feel. More often than not, happy people are more effective at work and have better relationships. Of course, it is normal to be sad every once in a while, but there are days that anxiety gets the better of you. It is during these times where stress and anxiety attacks affect your normal course of life. You find it difficult to get things done or even at least get through the day. If you ever have a bad day, here are some ways of lifting your spirits and getting you back on track.
1. Try to socialize. Go out with a friend for a walk, a cup of coffee or a lunch date. You need not discuss your problems at all. Sometimes all you need is a good laugh to get you going again.
2. Get some relaxation time. This is one of the most obvious solutions for anxiety. Too much tension in your body affects your mood. Try to be calm. Learn proper breathing, observe good posture, and practice muscle relaxation techniques. These are most helpful in reducing stress.
3. Exercise on your free time. Some people find it more relaxing when they exert physically. Go out for some brisk walking or ride a bike. There is no need for a structured gym routine; what is important is that you keep on moving.
4. Play and have fun. You can use the things that you love to do to your advantage. Go out to play fetch with your dog or go for a round of your favorite video game. The perfect way to shake off the blues is to find amusement.
5. Read a good book. Reading is always a perfect way of getting your mind off things. Just find a cozy spot where you can enjoy silently. Feel refreshed or even inspired after a good read.
6. Do chores. Who says you cannot beat counter-productivity with productivity? Clean up your room, do the laundry, or even cook a meal. Not only would you find doing chores a sweet escape, getting them done is an accomplishment.
7. Do charity work. You can devote some of your time and money to the needy by donating or volunteering in a charitable institution. What you give can make a big difference to other people’s lives. At the same time, you get a sense of fulfillment by doing your part in helping society. Such reasons alone are something to be happy about, but more so, charity donations are most of the time tax-deductible.
8. Take a shower. Literally, cool down. You would feel actually refreshed and rejuvenated after getting cleaned-up, not only physically but also psychologically. More or less, you would feel like you are taking on the day with a fresh start. Now, that is one way of tricking yourself into the mood.
9. Cultivate intimate relationships. Have a good chat with a loved one. Just talk about how your day went to lighten up your mood. A good hug or a pat on the back from people you care about are one of the best comforts that would get you through rough days.
10. Give time to contemplate. Sometimes, you just have to think over what is eating you up. Ask yourself what is bothering you and acknowledge such thoughts or beliefs that are associated with such negative feelings. Once you have done that, you might be able to change or get rid of such unhealthy fears and thoughts. Part of coping with anxiety is understanding anxiety itself.
Being an efficient and happy person can be as simple as knowing how to take care of your emotional well being. Whenever you feel down, turn on to habits or activities that ease anxiety or take your mind off things for a while. There are a lot of ways of improving your mood and de-stressing. It is just a matter of finding out what works for you.