The breakdown of the moment little happiness: three ways to regain the passion for life
- Author:Hopely Li
- Release on :2016-10-29
You’ve probably heard the old saying “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.”
Perhaps you feel like it’s true. You look at other people’s lives, and you envy them. They seem to be doing so much better than you. They’ve got a great job. Lots of money. A happy home life. They seem to have it all. And you can’t help wishing that you did, too.
But none of us ever really know what it’s like to live someone else’s life. No-one’s life is perfect – whatever it looks like from the outside.
Plus, it’s a safe bet that some of your friends are looking at your life and thinking very similar things. Whatever state your life is in, you’ve got a lot of good things. You just need to recognize them again.
I. Enjoy What You Have
One of the best ways to love your current life is to write a list of things you’re grateful for. It doesn’t matter if they seem small or insignificant: little everyday moments of happiness count. You might think of:
1. People who you’re grateful for – your family, friends, housemates, co-workers…
2. Treats which you enjoy – the smell of fresh coffee, the taste of dark chocolate, a long bath after a hard day…
3. Things which make your day easier – the dishwasher, online grocery shopping, fast internet access at work…
4. Anything special which you’ve grown accustomed to – your wedding ring, your smartphone, a favorite coat…
5. Happy moments – chatting with a friend, something which made you laugh, playing with your kids…
II. Focus on the Good Points
When we’re thinking about future goals and ambitions, it’s easy to end up in quite a negative mood about the present. Perhaps you start thinking through all the things you want to change in your life: losing weight, getting fit, quitting smoking, switching jobs…
As well as thinking of what you might want to change, look at the areas of your life which are currently good. Maybe:
1. You get on well with your colleagues at work, and you’ve got a good relationship with your boss
2. You’ve got some real strengths – like being able to establish a quick connection with clients, and being organised
3. Your house is set up pretty much how you want it – there might not be loads of space, but it feels like home
…and so on. How could you make more of these good things? Perhaps you could spend more time on your hobbies, or concentrate on your particular strengths at work.
III. Live in the Moment
It’s appropriate to plan for the future, and to learn from the past – but it’s not a good idea to constantly have your mind on how “things will be better next year when…” or on “life was so much better last year because…”
Being able to live in the moment means appreciating what’s around you. It’s about having your attention on now, instead of reminiscing about what’s already gone, or worrying about what’s yet to come. Living in the moment means:
1. Enjoying your days off, without constantly thinking about Monday morning.
2. Taking time to stop and watch a beautiful sunset, or to enjoy the smell of fresh-mown grass.
3. Eating your meals more mindfully – instead of grabbing a sandwich on the run.
By keeping your attention on the present moment, the here-and-now, you can get much more enjoyment from the life you already have.
- Polyurethane Yoga Exercise Stress Ball, Polyurethane best stress relief, stress reliever gifts, stress relief toy, stress toys for adults
- roller exercise wheel.steel roller wheels.heat resistant roller
- roller wheel.two wheel roller skate.plastic roller wheel.ab roller exercise wheel
- Jewelry display Chinese polyurethane factories,Necklace display stand factory China PU,, Chinese model bust mannequin manufacturer of polyurethane
- most comfortable road bike saddle.best bike saddle.wide bike saddle.custom bike saddle